Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
- Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government.
- Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
- Analyze the election process.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics
Activity for Assessment:For this discussion, you are going to research and analyze the electoral college. Read the following articles and then answer the questions below.61% of Americans support abolishing electoral collegeWith Biden winning the popular vote, here’s how America could end the Electoral CollegeIn defense of the electoral college1.) What was the founder’s intent with the Electoral College? How does it work? 2.) Give the pros and cons associated with the current system? How might the National Popular Vote Compact impact our current system? 3.) Given the issues with the last two election cycles, are the pros or cons more convincing? Why? Is a “winner-take-all” system better for democracy? 4.) How do the parties differ on this topic? 5.) Are voters informed enough and participate at a high enough level for elections to just be based on popular vote? If no, then why? 6.) Lastly, what are your thoughts on what has occurred in this presidential election cycle? As a voter or potential voter, are you feeling pessimistic or optimistic about the future of our democracy?Please be sure to meet the requirements for posting in the discussion board. For more specifics, please refer to to the directions provided in the Start Here tab in eCampus. Do not forget your works cited. Any required sources give in the discussion prompt is required to be included in your works cited. Any additional research must be included in your sources as well.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now