Going to upload a example of how it should look like. My theory I chose is Work and Retirement on pg 528 and 529.
- Name one concept, theory, or research finding that you learned from this weekâ€™s reading. You are to provide the page number from where you retrieved this information. (.25 x 2 = .5)
- Provide a background of the theory/concept, covering the name of theory, theorist, or concept, and what the theory says about human development or behavior. (.25)
- Describe an illustrative example of this theory concept in everyday life. The illustrative example should provide sufficient detail and link your example to specific course concepts. Use examples from your personal experiences, informal observations of those around you, or the media. (.25)
- In Chapter 16 we are introduced to Late adulthood. Please read the following ethical dilemma and address each questions that follows. (1 point)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
â€œIn June, 1997, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that terminally ill people do not have a constitutional right to doctor assisted suicide”.
In January 2006, the U.S Supreme Court ruled that the Bush administrationâ€™s attempts to stop Oregon doctors from prescribing lethal doses were improper. The immediate legal impact of the Courtâ€™s ruling is clear. Oregon doctors may continue to prescribe lethal doses without fear of federal penalty.
At the time of this writing, physician-assisted suicide was legal in four states in the United States: Oregon, Washington, Vermont and Montana. It is also legal in some other countries. In three states in the United States, there are barriers to use this type of suicide. For example, Pamela J. Miller (2000, p. 264) describes the process in the state of Oregon:
To qualify to receive a prescription for medication to end life, the person must be terminally ill with six months or less to live, and a second physicianâ€™s opinion on diagnosis and prognosis is required. After the first oral request to start the process, a 15-day waiting period begins. A mental health consultation is not required, although either physician can request an evaluation by a psychiatrist or psychologist, and notification of family and friends is not required. A written request combined with another oral request is obtained, and a 48 hour waiting period begins. The prescription, generally barbiturates and antinausea medication, is then given to the terminally ill person and taken by mouth.â€ (2016, 2013 Kirst-Ashman, p. 726, Cengage Learning)
- Do you believe that the terminally ill have a right to die by refusing treatment?
- Do you believe that assisted suicide should be legalized?
- If you had a terminally ill close relative who was in intense pain and asked you to assist him or her in acquiring a legal does of drugs, how would you respond?
- Would you be willing to help or would you refuse? Why?