Effects of advertising presentation
Resources: Week Five readings and videos
Choose a product or service from these examples:
· Fast food-
· Class of consumer product
· Personal care
Research the Internet to analyze how that product or service has been advertised.
Prepare a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft ® PowerPoint ® presentation in which you investigate the role of advertising in a culture of consumerism. Be sure to discuss the following:
· Who determines ethical standards for advertising?
· In what ways has advertising affected American culture?
· What are the key persuasive techniques used in consumer advertising? Identify one technique per member on your team and illustrate with specific examples, explaining how each technique works.
· Discuss some of the critical issues that may arise from the following areas:
· Children and advertising
· Advertising in schools
· Health and advertising
· Political advertising
· Find one example of a commercial that strikes you as particularly creative and appealing:
· What are the elements that are unusual?
· What is the target group of the commercial?
· How does the commercial appeal to consumers?
· Why do you believe this commercial to be effective in brand name recognition?
· How are ethical standards met (or pushed to their limits)?
Illustrate your findings with specific examples. List any references on the last slide.
Format references consistent with APA guidelines.