Elements of a Successful Therapeutic Relationship
Elements of a Successful Therapeutic Relationship (Obj. 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10) CNL-515 ASSIGNMENT
The textbook and the readings for these first two topics begin to describe some of the key elements and skills for developing a successful therapeutic relationship.
Write a 1,200-1,500-word essay that describes the characteristics and roles you hope to embody as a counselor and the counselor dispositions that you want to bring with you. You may write in the first person for this assignment. Include the following in your paper:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Your role as a clinical mental health counselor or school counselor in the agency, school, and/or community you serve. Include strategies for collaborating with behavioral health care professionals. Refer to the importance of certification and licensure related to your role and professional identity.
- Strategies to develop a counselor identity that fosters leadership, advocacy and provides services as a licensed professional counselor or school counselor for persons with mental health issues.
- Depending on your program of study, refer to the Professional Dispositions of Learners or the attached Counselor Dispositions when completing this assignment. Consider your development regarding the dispositions related to your field of study and the ways in which you incorporated them into the counseling relationship. Provide specific evidence of your current progress.
- Counseling skills you plan to practice for building rapport with clients/students. Include verbal and nonverbal skills.
- Review how knowledge of theory is important to effective counseling strategies and alignment of these theories with counseling goals.
This assignment is informed by the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.1.b. The multiple professional roles and functions of counselors across specialty areas, and their relationships with human service and integrated behavioral health care systems, including interagency and interorganizational collaboration and consultation.
2. F. 5.a. Theories and models of counseling
2.F.5.f. Counselor characteristics and behaviors that influence the counseling process.
2.F.5.g. Essential interviewing, counseling, and case conceptualization skills.
5.C.2.a. Roles and settings of clinical mental health counselors.
5.C.2.k. Professional organizations, preparation standards, and credentials relevant to the practice of clinical mental health counseling.
5.C.3.d. Strategies for interfacing with integrated behavioral health care professionals.
5.C.3.e. Strategies to advocate for persons with mental health issues.
Egan, G. & Reese, R. (2019). The skilled helper: A problem management and opportunity development approach to helping (11th ed.). Brooks Cole Publisher. ISBN-13: 9781305865716