Week 5 – Research Paper
Week 5 – Research Paper
Due: Oct 10, 2017, 1:59 AM
From the text, Introduction to Communication Disorders: A Lifespan Evidence-Based Perspective, select three communication disorders to research. Prepare a research paper describing onset, etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of each disorder.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In your Research Paper:
- Describe clinical features of each disorder, including the anatomy and physiology of each disorder.
- Explain the etiologies of each disorder examining the differences of age, sex, and race.
- Identify and discuss normal growth and development associated with each disorder.
- Develop treatment and intervention approaches for each disorder.
- Analyze the communication problems associated with each disorder.
- Discuss the impact of each disorder on society.
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You must use at least five scholarly resources (at least three from the Ashford Online Library) other than the course text to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint Tutorial.