The ITC eChoupal Initiative.
This is an integrative case that enables an analysis ofissues discussed from various chapters. (Corporate InformationStrategy and Management text and cases 8th edition by Lynda M.Applegate, Robert D. Austin, and Deborah L. Soule)
The objective of this book has been to provide its readerswith a better understanding of the influence of twenty-firstcentury technologies on executive decisions. While this kind ofunderstanding may help sharpen predictions, our aim has not been toarm you for predictions sake alone. Instead, we have focused onproviding analytic frameworks, and an overview of the issuesinvolved in using those frameworks, to identify opportunities,design and deploy new technology-based businesses, and createbusiness value. These frameworks are based on concepts and theorythat have withstood the test of time and remain relevant despiteradical changes in the business and technology environment. We havedealt with enduring practical questions from the point of view ofthe executives who are grappling with them. Not long ago, manypredicted the death of traditional economic and managementprinciples. The subsequent fall in technology market stockssuggests that we should not be too quick to throw out fundamentalmanagement principles, even as we embrace the new.
Market and models, capabilities and organization, networkedinfrastructure and operations, and leadership of the ITorganization are core subject areas that can be used to organizethe management issues discussed in this book.
As we have demonstrated, the effect of new technologies onmarkets and industries will be to alter competitive positions andframe new strategic imperatives requiring new capabilities. The newtechnologies have enabled new business models and improved theviability of old ones; executives in established firms that do notseize the opportunities presented by new technologies will findtheir market positions threatened.
New networked infrastructures interweave complexbusiness-technical issues that general managers dread, but whichultimately make the difference between a rigid and constraining ITcapability and a flexible and dynamic one. These infrastructuresinvolve varying technologies, relationships, and risk managementprocesses
Finally, there are the challenges of executingtechnology-based strategic initiatives, an area that many companiescannot seem to master. The leadership and governance issues abound.Most executives express concern that this relentless pace of changeis occurring much too fast to enable them (and their organizations)to learn. Yet this is an area that must be mastered if disastersare to be averted and returns from IT investments are to berealized.
This is an integrative case that enables an analysis ofissues discussed from various chapters.
While reading this case, think & discuss thesequestions:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. How important is IT to the business? Is the businessmissing opportunities to transform the business?
2. Is the business prioritizing IT investments and targetingdevelopment efforts in the right areas? Is the business spendingmoney efficiently & effectively?
3. Is the business IT and business leaders capable ofdefining and executing IT-enabled strategies?
4. Does the IT platform enable the business to be both leanand agile? Etc, etc.
5. Are we managing IT assets and infrastructure efficientlyand effectively? Is leadership of IT activities appropriatelydelegated? Do we have the right business and IT leaders, given ourgoals for its use?
6. Are we organized to identify, evaluate, and assimilateIT-enabled business innovations? Are we missing windows ofopportunity to exploit emerging technologies and businessmodels?
7. Is our IT infrastructure sufficiently insulated againstthe risks of a major operational disaster? Are the appropriatesecurity, privacy, and risk management system in place to ensurealways on and always up service?
What I have learned?
Any suggestion? QUESTION TITLE :- The ITC eChoupal Initiative.