The Replication Of DNA
1. Define: replication.
2. DNA replication is semi-conservative. Explain.
3. What enzyme is required for the replication of DNA?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. Meselson and Stahl investigated the replication of DNA. What were they trying to confirm?
5. At the time that the above investigators began their experiments, biologists were considering three possible mechanisms by which two complementary strands of the parental duplex DNA could yield daughter DNA duplexes identical to those of the parent. What were those mechanisms and what would they produce?
6. What organism did Meselson and Stahl use for their experiment? In order to label the DNA of the organisms, they were grown in a medium in which the sole nitrogen source was ammonium chloride. This was labeled with what isotope? What did this replace?
7. How were Meselson and Stahl able to separate DNA based on density? Explain how this works.
8. Describe the crucial experiment Meselson and Stahl carried out on the mechanism of DNA replication.
9. What were the results of the experiment? What was the conclusion?