- Three classifications of outpatient treatment include:a.12 step groups, cognitive behavioral therapy, aftercareb.Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, Psychoeducationalc.EAP, court ordered, self-referredd.Continuing care, intensive outpatient program, day program
- Which one of the following is not part of what is considered in determining the level of treatment and care for an individual?a.Screeningb.Diagnosisc.Insurance reimbursement limitationsd.Patient problem areas
- According to SAMHSA, a major source of referrals to substance use treatment is:a.Family membersb.Medical providersc.Employersd.The criminal justice system
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Proper treatment setting is ____________, while a specific treatment approach that meets the needs of the client is _________________.a.Level of care; best fitb.Community clinic; harm reductionc.Inpatient treatment; abstinenced.Placement matching; modality matching
- Which of the following definitions best defines a “Continuum of Care”?a.An outdated system of care that has been replaced by a triadic level of care.b.An element of care providing consistency and flexibility in the spectrum, intensity and duration of addiction treatment.c.A range of inpatient and outpatient services that are available to a patient, but not necessarily utilized.d.A treatment system in which clients enter treatment at a level appropriate to their needs and then step up to a more intense treatment or down to less intense treatment as needed.
- Which one of the following is a true statement?a.Drug courts have no impact on recidivism rates.b.Drug courts reduce recidivism rates to about 16%.c.Despite efforts, drug court recidivism rates have risen to about 25%.d.Drug courts reduce recidivism rates to about 5%.
- Using the correctional system to combat addiction has resulted in all of the following except:a.Decreased financial cost to taxpayersb.Deterioration of familiesc.High unemployment rates for felonsd.Overcrowding of prisons
- Which one of the following lists the correct order and stages of change of the DiClemente and Prochaska model?a.Denial, contemplation, preparation, action, and relapseb.Denial, precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, and maintenancec.Precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, and maintenanced.Precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, and relapse
- The accepted practice of treatment for drug and alcohol use disorders in the U.S. is:a.abstinenceb.Prohibitionc.Harm Reductiond.Moderation management
- Phases of Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) usually takes ________.a.Between 30 to 60 minutes.b.Between 5 and 10 minutes.c.About 45 minutes.d.About 25 minutes.
- Ambulatory Detoxification with Extended On Site Monitoring is a Level II-D classification, which means which one of the following?a.There is no such thing as Ambulatory Detoxification with Extended On Site Monitoring.b.The client can be served in an outpatient setting with on call support from an addictions specialist.c.The client is not at this moment in need of inpatient services, is only experiencing moderate discomforts from detoxification, and is able to go home to family and social support.d.The client is transported by ambulance to a medical detoxification facility.
- The correction definition of polytherapy is:a.The use of one medication in treatment.b.The use of behavioral sensitization by two counselors in treatment.c.The use of more than one medication in treatment.d.The use of drug antibodies to prevent drugs of abuse from entering the central nervous system.
- ________ are the class of medication often used to treat anxiety.a.Anticonvulsantsb.Antagonistsc.Agonistsd.Anxiolytics
- Some things a clinician can do to support medication compliance with clients include all of the following except:a.Challenge and contradict the client’s perspectiveb.Listen to the client’s attitudes about medicationsc.Ground concerns with compliance within the client’s point of viewd.Understand how the client’s subjective beliefs influence compliance
- A ____________ is a proved medication that is typically given first to a patient.a.Anticraving treatmentb.Antagonistc.First line agentd.Agonist
- The three endogenous chemicals with the most relevance to addiction pharmacotherapy are:a.Dopamine, norepinephrine, GABAb.Glutamate, Serotonin, Dopaminec.Serotonin, dopamine, GABAd.Serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine
- Disulfiram (Antabuse) is considered:a.Anticraving treatment for alcoholb.Aversion treatment for alcoholc.Alcohol withdrawal treatmentd.An anxiolytic
- What of the following is not one of the four pharmacokinetic processes?a.Absorptionb.Reuptakec.Distributiond.Biotransformation
- The obsessive disinhibition form of a craving is the result of dysfunction in the ___________ neurotransmitter.a.GABAb.OPc.5HTd.DA
- Naltrexone is considered:a.Anticraving treatment for alcoholb.Aversion treatment for alcoholc.An anxiolyticd.Alcohol withdrawal treatment