4-1 Discussion: Is Gender Dysphoria Normal or Abnormal?
In this module, you will explore the concept of gender dysphoria. In what ways do our attitudes, beliefs, and culture influence our perception of gender dysphoria as normal or abnormal?
Note: The American Psychiatric Association states that although some people who are transgender experience gender dysphoria, not all people who are transgender do (Help With Gender Dysphoria, 2020).
For your initial post, review the video Scenes From a Black Trans Life and answer the following questions:
- How do our attitudes impact our view of gender?
- How does personal belief impact our view of normal and abnormal?
- Does culture play a role in our perceptions of gender?
- In what ways can one validate an individual’s gender expression?
- How does the concept of gender dysphoria apply to any of the following programmatic themes? You may want to review the Programmatic Themes document.
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections
Remember to respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Consider advancing the discussion in the following way:
- Post an article, video, or visual to reinforce a peer’s perspective.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric. You will also need:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now