African American Struggle for Civil Rights Discussion
“THE GOOD WAR”: WORLD WAR II
During World War II, many commentators noted that the United States seemed to be fighting a war against tyranny and racial hatred abroad while supporting many of those same behaviors at home. How did the authors of the assigned documents in this module address this apparent contradiction? Reference at least one document in your answer.
write a 200-word discussion board post in response to the prompt. In your response, you must quote or make reference to at least one of the documents assigned for reading in this module. You may also use material addressed in the lecture videos.
you must post a 50-word substantive response to one of your classmates’ posts.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
reading for this assignment :
REQUIRED READING: VOICES OF FREEDOM
- Document 155 – World War II and Mexican-Americans (1945)
- Document 156 – Charles H. Wesley on African Americans and the Four Freedoms (1944)
- Document 157 – Justice Robert A. Jackson, Dissent in Korematsu v. United States (1944)
- Document 150 – Franklin Roosevelt on the Four Freedoms (1941)
- Document 151 – Will Durant, “Freedom of Worship” (1943)
- Document 152 – Henry R. Luce, “The American Century” (1941)