There are many great research projects already in place that use volunteers and modern technology to harness the help of citizen scientists like you. It is a great way for people to learn more about a subject that they are interested in while helping researchers gather important information.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this unit, you have reviewed various resources to learn more about Citizen Science. Using the assigned readings for this unit and conducting some research on your own, investigate other citizen science projects currently in place.
To get started, explore the following sources:
Scientific American. (2017). Citizen science. Retrieved from https://www.scientificamerican.com/citizen-science/
SciStarter. (2017). Project finder. Retrieved from https://scistarter.com/finder
In your posts this unit answer the following questions:
- What is “citizen science”?
- What is the benefit of using regular citizens to assist with scientific research in this way?
- What citizen science program(s) interests you the most? Please provide a specific link and information about your chosen citizen science program.
- Would you be interested in giving any of the citizen science programs a try? Why, or why not?
- Formulate at least one way you would use media to advertise the citizen science program you are interested in and describe why you think the advertisement would be successful.