Strategies To Promote Academic Integrity And Professional Ethics
Nurse-scholars have a significant obligation to their community as well. Their work must have academic and professional integrity. Their efforts are designed to add to the body of knowledge, advance the profession, and ultimately help in the care of patients. Work that lacks integrity is subject to quickly erode…or worse.
Fortunately, there are strategies and tools that can help ensure integrity in academic and professional work. This Assignments asks you to consider these and how you might apply them to your own work.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources for this week in support of academic style, integrity, and scholarly ethics.
- Also reflect on the connection between academic and professional integrity.
1: Writing Sample: The Connection Between Academic and Professional Integrity
write a 2- 3-paragraph analysis that includes the following:
- 1. Clearly and accurately explains in detail the relationship between academic integrity and writing.
- 2. Clearly and accurately explains in detail the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics.
- 3. Accurately cite at least 3 resources that fully support your arguments, being sure to use proper APA formatting.
1. Clearly and accurately describe in detail how Grammarly, SafeAssign, and paraphrasing contributes to academic integrity. Include sufficient evidence that Grammarly and SafeAssign were utilized to improve responses.
Strategies for Maintaining Integrity of WorkClearly identifying and accurately describing strategies you intend to pursue to maintain integrity and ethics of your 1) academic work while a student of the MSN program, and 2) professional work as a nurse throughout your career.
- Include a clearly developed review of resources and approaches you propose to use as a student and a professional.
Remember to include an introduction paragraph which contains a clear and comprehensive purpose statement which delineates all required criteria, and end the assignment Part with a conclusion paragraph.