Week 1 – Employee Status Analysis
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment: Employee Status Analysis
- Review Exhibit 1.5, â€œEmployee or Independent Contractor? Twenty Questions,â€ in Chapter 1 of your text.
- Review the difference between exempt and nonexempt employees. This includes the laws that distinguish the two categories.
- Review the Equal Pay Act.
- Review the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
- Read the background section of the NLRB v. Friendly Cab Co. case at the end of Chapter 1.
- Write answers to each of the following:
- Answer the 20 questions in the exhibit, as applied to the cab company in the case. Each response should be approximately 25â€“30 words and include your rationale.
- In approximately 150 words, determine whether the cab drivers in the case should be considered employees. Use the answers to the 20 exhibit questions to form your conclusion. Explain the reasoning behind your conclusion and whether you agree or disagree with the courtâ€™s conclusion.
Include a minimum of three scholarly sources