Course Organizational Culture and Leadership
Join your classmates in a critical analysis Group Dialogue regarding. the aspect of culture in organizations and basic motivations, as they apply to teamwork in Disaster and Emergency Management.
Use this space to provide specific guidelines for students to follow. Please see the sample below.
- Your initial response should be 300-500 words in length, reflecting on the prompt above.
- Remember to apply a Critical Analysis approach: I am most interested in the HOW, the WHY, and the WHAT IF; the who, what, when, where is background information, the narrative. Proficient students will provide Evaluation: So What (how does this apply to Disaster and Emergency Management) and What’s Next (what you plan to do to explore the application of this material to your current situation).
- All posts and responses should bear academic references in APA format for every new idea that is injected into the dialog, other than unique personal opinion (in which case, so state).
- Reply to your classmates’ posts. Your response to your classmate’s discussion should be around 50-200 words (each) and add substantially to the discussion (i.e. reflecting on their response, asking questions, etc.). It is inappropriate to simply agree without materially adding to the conversation.
- The rule of Universal Intellectual Standards is always applied to Critical Thinking: Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, Depth, Breadth, Logic, Significance, Fairness.
- This is a gracious space: We correspond with a spirit of welcoming, compassion, curiosity and humor; we invite all to learn in public.
- Peer discourse follows the R.I.S.E. model: Reflect (recall, ponder, and articulate), Inquire (seek additional information and provide ideas through questioning), Suggest (introduce ideas for improvement of CURRENT iteration), and Elevate (raise to a higher degree or purpose in FUTURE iterations).