Global Health Information Exchange
Assignment Part One: CAHIIM Virtual Lab Electronic Health Record Simulations and Springcharts Scavenger Hunt:
1. Refer to the attachments on accessing the CAHIIM VLab Simulations and SpringCharts EHR software applications. I have attached instructions on how to download the software and will send access code in the secure message. Please let me know if you need help in regard to inputting my name, or etc. to access or complete the assignment. I have attached the updated assignment instructions. Please use those to complete assignment.
2. Complete the following CAHIIM Lab Simulations as found under http://academy.ahima.org
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
***Make sure are at the Virtual Lab Simulations page found under the “Help & Support” tab.
- CIOX Health ROI: Intro to eSmartlog
- QuadraMed Master Patient Index (MPI): Introduction to SmartID
- Solcom EDMS: EDMS Web Client
3. After completing each simulation, complete the appropriate quiz and obtain a screen shot of your quiz score.
- Insert each of the screen shots into a Word document.
4. In 2-3 paragraphs, answer the following questions and be sure to support your answers with an example:
- How does the CIOX ROI eSmartlog software help the HIM Professional manage the Release of Information Process?
- How does the QuadraMed MPI SmartID software assist the hospital in deterring duplicate patient name entries?
- How does the Solcom EDMS organize patient record information?
- Insert your answers into the Word document.
5. SpringCharts EHR Scavenger Hunt: Utilizing the SpringCharts Software application that you downloaded to your computer in Unit 3, complete Scavenger Hunt on the provided worksheet.
- Submit your Scavenger Hunt answer worksheet along with the separate Word Document on the CAHIIM Virtual Lab (VLab) simulations, to the Unit 8 Assignment Dropbox
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written assignments.
Assignment Part Two: Health Information Exchanges
For the second part of your assignment, research information regarding about current health IT initiatives and determine whether your state has an RHIO or other type of Health Information Exchange. Start by reviewing the Web Reading including the HIMSS sites. The HIMSS site provides information on Regional Extension Centers, HIMSS Davies Award recipients, Health Information Exchanges, State Legislation, and HIMSS Chapters.
Find any information pertaining to Health Information Exchange initiatives in your state. If there are none, choose another state that you are interested in. Choose any four initiatives to complete the assignment.
1. Using the listed data and other sources, create a table (constructed in WORD, Excel or PowerPoint) providing an overview of the initiatives indicating the following:
- Name of the initiative
- Type of Initiative
- A short description of their main focus.
- See sample table below
2. In an accompanied narrative, describe in more detail each of the four initiatives. You may want to review their separate web site if one is provided.
- What is the difference in the type of organizations that you provided?
- What is their main goal and mission?
- How does one organization perhaps work with another?
- What role do the organizations play in the overall “future of the national health information superhighway?
Be sure to correctly cite any sources using APA guidelines.