Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care Discussion
Having a keen understanding of managed care models and possessing the ability to articulate the characteristics and requirements of each are important aspects of working in healthcare today. In this assessment, identify the differences of Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care for the Board of Directors of a hospital.
Evaluation Title: Comparison of Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care
Assume the role of a credentialing manager for a small community hospital. Recently, 6 new physicians were hired. The physicians informed the credentialing department that they currently do not take Medicaid but want to accept managed care patients through Medicaid.
- Create a detailed report for the Board of Directors to educate shareholders on the differences between Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care. In this report, include:
- The similarities and differences between Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care.
- A list of pros and cons for each plan.
- An explanation of why physicians can accept one without the other.
- Utilize layman’s language in the report to ensure the board can understand the information presented.
- Complete additional research on this topic, utilizing a minimum of 3 sources support ideas presented.