The Four Anatomy Systems Discussion
Please overly explain everything in every single detail
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the following from your course text:
- Chapter 2: Skeletal System
- Chapter 3: Articular System
- Chapter 5: Muscular System
- Chapter 6: Nervous System
For this assignment, you will explore the structure, features, and functions of the skeletal, articular, muscular, and nervous systems. Your paper must include an introduction, body, and a conclusion, and it must address the following elements:
- Describe the five different types of bones.
- Select two examples for each type of bone.
- Discuss the general location of the chosen bones (e.g., head, thorax, trunk, etc.).
- Examine the joint structures associated with the synovial joints.
- Identify three joint structures of your choice and explain their importance and function.
- Summarize the three types of muscle contractions.
- Explain the differences between concentric and eccentric contractions.
- Discuss two movements for each contraction.
- Discuss the main functions and components of the central nervous system (CNS).
- Discuss the main functions and components of the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
Pathology Affecting All Four Systems:
- Select one pathology or condition of your choice.
- Explain how each of the four systems is affected.
- Note: The pathology or condition can cause the dysfunction or the dysfunction can cause a pathology or condition.
- Example A: A broken femur (skeletal system) will also impact our muscular and articular systems during the recovery process, while intense pain and other emotional effects are common (nervous system).
- Example B: When a person’s pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin (i.e., type 1 diabetes), that person is at a higher risk for bone and joint disorders, muscle weakness, and nerve damage.
Your The Four Systems assignment,
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of the Assignment
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use your course text and at least two additional scholarly or credible sources. The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sourcestable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirtytutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must use subheadings throughout your paper to label the sections of your body paragraphs (e.g., Skeletal System, Articular System, Muscular System, Nervous System, and Pathology Effects).
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References Listresource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.